Do you know what is common in Jim Carrey, Denzel Washington, Jennifer Lopez, and Oprah Winfrey?
Besides being rich and famous, they all agree positive affirmation has played a key role in their success.
Jennifer Lopez has dedicated 15 minutes every day to the affirmation ritual. Oprah is a big believer in positive affirmation. And, it helped her to become the world’s wealthiest and most influential woman. It is a positive affirmation that gave Denzel and Jim the right mindset and belief for skyrocketing success.
Positive affirmation is a powerful tool to change one’s mindset, behavior, and belief to achieve high-level success in any area of life.
In this post, you’ll discover the importance of positive affirmation, a scientific explanation of how affirmation work and an answer to common questions people have about positive affirmation.
In addition to that, you’ll know the examples of the most powerful positive affirmation and frequently used phrases while writing affirmations.
Ready? Let’s begin.
Why positive affirmations are important?
Positive affirmations are statements or expressions of wish that are consciously chosen which helps to overcome the self-sabotaging negative thoughts and behavior by reprogramming the subconscious mind.
It is a powerful tool to raise your vibration and attract your desire into reality using the law of attraction.
Here are the reasons why you should use the positive affirmation:
- To grow and prosper. Positive affirmations make us feel good and alive by materializing wishes. It is necessary for happiness and to cope with all kinds of situations that seem intimidating.
- To boost one’s confidence. Saying powerful affirmations daily empower us, energize us, and fill us with the confidence to tackle the problem that may come on the path to success.
- To remove negative conditioning and programming of the past. As children, our subconscious mind gets programmed with observing and listening to the people around us. Unfortunately, most of us have been programmed with negative thoughts that prevent us from achieving our full potential.
- To create the future you desire. Every thought we have each day will eventually materialize in the future. The present situation in your life is the result of your past thoughts. With positive affirmation, you choose to create your future the way you want it.
- To remain hopeful and feel gratitude. While chasing the dream, you may come across a situation where you may get frustrated, and overwhelmed and think of abandoning the dream. During those difficult situations, positive affirmation keeps you optimistic and encourages you to continue.
How does positive affirmation work?
The subconscious mind is 95% of our brain that deals with subtle and unconscious thinking, behavior, and belief. Our reality is the result of the programming of our subconscious mind.
And, positive affirmation works by re-programming the subconscious mind. It helps to replace negative programming with a positive one that helps you to attract your wishes and manifest your dreams into reality.
You see, the conscious mind is like the gatekeeper to the subconscious realm. It analyzes the pieces of information and selects only the important ones to enter into the subconscious mind.
That said, information that is traumatic, emotional, or repeated has a higher chance to get selected by the conscious mind to store in the subconscious level of the mind.
When we repeat certain positive statements frequently, it creates memory and is stored in the subconscious mind. Once affirmations are stored, the mind takes them as a fact.
Now, you mentally become a person with the mindset and belief of that who already achieved what you want to achieve.
For instance, if you repeat that you earn $10,000 a month enough times, your subconscious mind will take this statement as fact.
Then, you’ll think, feel, and act like a person who already earns $10,000 a month. Your confidence will increase, your self-esteem will boost, and you will subconsciously attract opportunities that eventually create the reality where you earn $10,000 a month.
How long should an affirmation be?
An affirmation should be clear, precise, and emotional. It shouldn’t belong, vague and difficult to read while saying.
There is no exact number of words that you must include in the affirmation. It depends on your goals and personal preference. That said, affirmations that are short, clear, specific, and emotional work better and faster.
Here are some useful tips while writing your affirmations:
- Include personal pronouns. Phrases that have “I am…” followed by wish are more powerful and effective. You can also use your name in the affirmation which makes it personal and emotional.
- First, decide what you want and mention it in your affirmation. Avoid other people’s wants or suggestions as they don’t bring any result.
- Avoid negative or contradictory statements. Don’t use phrases like ” I don’t want to…I am not, I don’t have…” Your subconscious only accepts your command. It doesn’t decide what is good or bad for you.
- Your affirmation should be believable. It is the key point that you should keep in mind while writing affirmations. If you don’t believe or doubt the affirmation, you won’t get any results from it.
- Never use affirmations to hurt others as it is going to backfire and bring bad karma in your life.
How often should affirmation be repeated?
Repeat affirmation at least two times a day. The best time to practice affirmation are morning and night before you sleep.
In the morning and at night time, our brain is in the alpha state of mind. During the alpha state, our subconscious mind is more receptive to new thoughts. And, when we say affirmation during these periods it can easily and quickly reprogram the subconscious mind.
However, there is no time limit for how often an affirmation should be repeated. You can repeat it as many times as you want in one day. The more you repeat, the more easily your subconscious mind gets programmed with positive thoughts.
How long should you say affirmation?
Research has shown that it takes around 18 to 254 days for a person to develop a new habit.
That means the subconscious mind takes an average of 66 days to change its neuronal connection and create a pattern.
That said, most people get results with the affirmation within 21 days. So, say your affirmation for at least 21 days to see any change in your life. It takes about 21 days for positive affirmation to work.
Can you say more than one positive affirmation?
It is not a smart move to select more than one wish per affirmation. If you say more than one positive affirmation at the same time, you’ll send a vague message into the universe. Eventually, you’ll get a vague response.
You see, including more than one wish in an affirmation takes more time to materialize into reality.
Each wish carries certain vibration and emotional level, and every wish is unique in its way. So, treat each wish separately and create a separate affirmation for each one. And, focus on one affirmation at a time.
If your wish list is made of multiple things, observe your list and a select single wish that would cover all other wishes. That means if you can manifest the main wish, your other remaining wish will automatically get manifested into a reality.
Why positive affirmations don’t work for some people?
Many people try affirmation for a few days and when they don’t see any result they give up. While some people say positive affirmations daily for months but don’t get any results. Why?
Here’s why positive affirmations don’t work for some people:
- Having other people wish. People who wish what other people are wishing for or want things that others want won’t get any results. Affirmations that are based on the wish that you want are more powerful and have more chances for success.
- Wondering how it works. If you don’t trust the process you won’t use it effectively as a result you won’t get successful with it. That means you have to trust that affirmation works. Have faith in the power of positive affirmation.
- Having doubt, fear, and resistance. Don’t fear that you’re not going to manifest with the affirmation. Just say or write your affirmation don’t think about the outcome.
- Not having clarity on wish. Most people suffer from shiny object syndrome which is jumps from one wish to another. If you want to bring your wish into reality, you should focus on one wish at a time.
7 Positive affirmations examples to get inspired to create your own
I can achieve all things through the power of my subconscious mind.
I am grateful for all of the blessings bestowed upon me.
Abundance, love, peace, and perfect health are mine.
Infinite intelligence takes charge of my life today and every day.
Today is a new and wonderful day for me.
I now pass over from the lack and fear to abundant life and freedom.
I like money. I love money. I use it wisely.
Money is constantly circulating in my life.
It is my right to be happy, successful, and rich.
The creative intelligence of my subconscious mind knows what is best for me.
I am now attracting a man/ woman who is honest, loyal, sincere, faithful, happy, peaceful, and prosperous.
The fear is nothing more than thought and self-deception.
I am confident and at ease.
I look forward to each new day, which always delivers opportunities to learn and to enjoy the beauty that surrounds me.
Everything that you’ve in the present time is the result of your past thought. And, your present thought and intention will create your future.
Most people are not aware of their thoughts which are most of the time negative and self-sabotaging. Saying positive affirmation means you’re consciously training your mind to think in positive ways so that you can achieve success.
If you’re not using the power of positive affirmation, you’re missing the chance to become great and achieve whatever your desires are.
Give positive affirmation a try for at least 21 days and see a positive change in life for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can positive affirmation heal your body?
Mind and body are connected. Happy and positive thoughts release chemicals from the brain that heal the body. So, yes, a positive affirmation can heal your body.
Can positive affirmation change your body?
Yes, a positive affirmation can change your body both physically and mentally. The body structure is changed due to the influence of hormones or chemicals that release in the brain. Thoughts release hormones or chemicals that help to change your body.
Can positive affirmation reduce anxiety?
Positive affirmation helps us have a positive mindset and attitude. It helps us overcome difficult situations in life. It helps us move and solve a problem that looks intimidating. In this way, a positive affirmation help reduces anxiety.